MS Word is among the most extensively used Microsoft application. It is included in MS Office suite and its various versions are like Word 95, Word 98, Word 2000, Office Word 2003 and 2007, Word 2010 the recent version as Word 2013. The file extension is .doc or .docx for the files created and saved in Word tool and so the name goes as DOC file or DOCX file.
The Word files are incredibly simple to manage and hence it may encounter various mistakes and errors that may result in the file corrupt or sometimes the file itself go missing. When the Word file gets corrupt the next error messages gets displayed “This file is corrupt and cannot be opened”, “The Office file xxxx.docx is not opened since there are difficulty with this content.”, etc. This sort of error messages usually takes place when you perform round-tripping. It implies in case you change the Word 2007 format into another file format and convert it back into Word 2007 format after performing some modification, the file may get corrupt. And in such situation you have to fix doc file and recover your data. And some of the scenarios due to which files get corrupt are:
- Improper file compression method – File compression is preferred if you want to safely transfer data over network or if you want to save a large sized file in less space of memory. So, incomplete or improper file compression method may cause corruption to the files.
- Incomplete File Transfer: When the file transfer process gets interrupted due to whatever reason like sudden system shutdown, power fluctuations, hard drive crash or abrupt removing the removable storage media then the files become corrupted and unreadable
- Broken File Header: Header of the file is made up of all the crucial information regarding the file for example header of Word DOC includes size, date of file creation, modification, type, etc. hence when the header of the file undergoes any errors and gets corrupt then this files can be inaccessible.
- Hard drive crash – Disk drive on the system might be crashed when you can find any hardware or software conflicts. Plus existence of more bad sectors on the hard drive also can gradually lead to hard disk drive crash, thus making all of the files to be corrupt.
These may be the reasons that lead to corruption of Word files and also for other files. But in all file corruption situations you need to prefer best tool to repair files that are corrupt. Here is the link for one such best repair utility, http://www.bestfilerepair.com/. The features of this software are:
- The software can repair files like .docx, .doc, .xlsx, .txt, .exe, .zip, .ppt, etc. easily
- Additionally the application form can be employed on various versions of Windows and Mac OS based desktops and laptops to mend files.
- Successfully repairs content from severely damaged files under various situations and makes it accessible again
- It repairs data such as tables, graphs, formulae, Images, text formatting, notes and standard properties from corrupted DOCX file.
- Follows power repair process to fix large sized Word / DOC / DOCX corrupt files.
The software can repair corrupt files from various storage devices like flash drive, system hard drives, removable hard drives, memory cards, etc. with very simple steps.